Gartner Inc. is a highly respected information technology (IT) research and consultancy company. They work with over 2,200 research and advisory experts providing insight and expert guidance to businesses in more than 100 countries.
Every year Gartner produces a report outlining the technology trends that will impact business decisions in the coming year. These trends represent risks and opportunities and can help you create a technology roadmap to drive your IT plans and goals.
Technology Trends and Their Impacts on Business Priorities in 2023
Gartner has identified four key priorities for businesses, along with specific trends within each area that will impact business strategies in 2023 and beyond.
These business trends are about optimizing systems for greater reliability and improving data-driven decisions.
- Digital Immune System – Creates an enhanced customer experience by combining multiple strategies to protect against risks.
- Applied Observability – Uses AI to analyze an organization’s data to make recommendations allowing for faster and more accurate decisions.
These trends accelerate vertical offerings and increase the pace of product delivery, enabling connectivity everywhere.
- Industry Cloud Platforms – Combine IaaS, SaaS, and PaaS with industry-specific functionality allowing organizations to better adapt to disruption.
- Platform Engineering – A curated set of processes, capabilities, and tools packaged for developers and end-users to easily improve productivity and reduce the burden on development teams.
With a focus on reinventing engagement, these trends enable business model changes and acceleration to tap into new virtual markets.
- Super Apps – Combine the features of an app, a platform, and an ecosystem in one application.
- Adaptive AI– Uses real-time data and feedback to continually retrain models and learn within runtime and development environments.
- Metaverse – Allows users to enhance or replicate a physical activity. This happens by extending activities to a virtual world, or by transforming the physical one.
#4 Sustainable Technology
Sustainable technology is a framework of solutions that increase the energy and efficiency of IT. It functions by enabling sustainability through traceability, analytics, software, emissions management, and AI. Investing in sustainable technology can potentially create financial performance and greater resiliency while promoting new areas and paths for growth.
These four priorities and related trends identified by Gartner can help you align your technology with future strategic objectives. Smart investments in sustainable technology will provide operational and financial benefits and can create growth in the coming years.
Applied Computer Technologies (ACT) is a full-service IT provider, specializing in Reinsurance and Finance. Services include Cloud Services, IT Services and Support, Microsoft 365 and Azure Services, Business Continuity, Telephony and Virtual CIO Services. ACT has locations in Bermuda, Cayman Islands and Canada, with customers worldwide.
For the latest industry trends and technology insights visit ACT’s main Blog page.